Siena Heights University will celebrate its annual Homecoming Weekend Oct. 15-17 on the Adrian campus. After a year’s absence due to the COVID-19 pandemic, alumni and friends are invited back to campus to participate in the many activities and events planned. Here are some of the major highlights:
- The Theatre Siena production of “Rent, The Musical,” is 7:30 p.m. Oct. 14-16 on the Haller Stage in the Spencer Performing Arts Center. For ticket information, call 264-7890 or visit sienaheights.edu/homecoming.
- The Alumni Awards ceremony is at 4 p.m. Oct. 15 in Rueckert Auditorium. This is free and open to the community.
- The induction of the 2020 and 2021 SHU Athletic Hall of Fame classes is at 6 p.m. Oct. 15 in the Fieldhouse. Ticket is required. Go to shusaints.com/tickets.
- There is also a faculty art exhibition that will be in Studio Angelico’s Klemm Gallery on the Adrian campus. The welcome reception and gallery tour (ticket required) is from 6-8 p.m. Oct. 15.
- On Oct. 16, the Saints football team will take on Madonna University (ticket required) at noon in O’Laughlin Stadium. There are also several other athletic events scheduled around the weekend. For the complete schedule, visit shusaints.com.
- On Oct. 16, there is a Homecoming Mass at 4:30 p.m. in St. Dominic Chapel (former Lumen Ecclesiae Chapel).
- The All-Alumni Dinner is scheduled at 5:30 p.m. Oct 16 in the Fieldhouse. Ticket required.
- On Oct. 17, the Homecoming Golf Outing is set to tee off at 9:30 a.m. at Wolf Creek Golf Club. Tickets are still available at shusaints.com/tickets.
For ticket information or the complete schedule on Homecoming Weekend 2021 at Siena Heights University, please check out www.sienaheights.edu/homecoming, email email@example.com or call 264-7143.
CHILD DRAMA PROGRAM — FALL SESSION 2021
The Child Drama program this year is very exciting! We have an epic play that will be produced in February and are really looking forward to in-person classes this fall. Children do not have to participate in the play if they do not want to. All children who are enrolled and audition in December/January will be cast. Julie Dolan will be directing.
Students can sign up for both sessions if they want to participate in the play we produce in January/February. Working together for the entire year helps all students grow in creating a safe environment, one where children can feel respected and valued.
Tuition is not paid to be in the show, but rather for the classes that will follow the play in March-May. Being enrolled eliminates the “pay to play” concept. Students are paying for the classes, not to be in the show. Classes run 12 weeks, from September 14 to December 9 (No classes the week of Thanksgiving).
DATES AND TIMES FOR FALL 2021 CHILD DRAMA CLASSES:
- Grades 1-3: Tuesdays 4-5 p.m. or Wednesdays 4:15-5:15 p.m.
- Grades 4-5: Thursdays 4-5 p.m.
- Grades 6-8: Tuesdays 5:15-6:15 p.m.
- High school Young Actors Workshop: Thursdays 5:15-6:15 p.m.
- $85 for one child,
- $150 for two siblings,
- $195 for three siblings or more.
- Print and fill-out the attached waiver and medical release form for each child.
- Send the waiver and medical release form along with a check made out to “SHU Child Drama Program” to:
- Theatre Department, 1247 E Siena Heights Drive, Adrian, MI 49221.
- Registration online is available here. However, the waiver and medical release form and payment via check must still be submitted by mail to the address above.
Any questions, please contact Julie Dolan at firstname.lastname@example.org.