Transferring to Siena Heights University

Start the next part of your success journey here and now. Join an accepting community of learning professionals committed to your aspirations for your life and your career—for today, tomorrow and the years to come. Click on the links below that outline the admissions process and information for transfer students.

Siena Heights University gives credit where credit is due! You can transfer up to 90 credit hours toward your bachelor’s degree. And we’ll work with you to uncover every transfer credit possibility—many you likely haven’t even considered.


Criteria and Requirements

At Siena Heights University, we want everyone to feel accepted—wherever you happen to be in your journey. Acceptance is integral to what we do. It’s the lens we use to align our learning with your plans for your future. 

The prerequisites for our programs include:

  • An official high school transcript or GED certificate.
  • A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher in college transfer coursework including official transcripts (Review the current academic catalog for detailed information.

Do you have an Associate's Degree or significant college credit from other institutions?

If so, you may be only 10 courses away from a Bachelor’s Degree! Siena Heights University is a leader in Michigan degree completion because of our well-developed and award-winning Bachelor of Applied Science Program, personalized service, flexibility and entrepreneurial approach to offering programs and building partnerships.

CPS Graduation

The following is some information that will guide you through the process.

Articulation is an agreement between two or more institutions to transfer courses.

Through this agreement, the institutions officially agree to transfer all of a specified program (certificate, diploma, or degree). This usually occurs between a two-year college/technical school and four-year college or university. Some agreements may indicate a cooperative program between institutions that result in a degree program.

How do you transfer coursework from another institution to SHU?

Simple – just fill out the transcript request form and email it to, or snail mail it to: Office of the Registrar, Siena Heights University, 1247 E. Siena Heights Drive, Adrian, Mich., 49221.

Transfer credit is evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Credits are granted for classes in which a grade of C (2.0) or better was earned and can transfer a few different ways. Some courses have a direct equivalent and will transfer as a specific course. Other courses transfer, but do not have an exact equivalent. Courses that do not have a exact equivalent sometimes transfer as elective credit. You will receive a transfer credit evaluation outlining the credits awarded from the applicable institutions and which transferred courses will apply towards General Education requirements.

We'll work to get you the maximum number of semester hours that can be transferred to SHU

Coursework with a C (2.0 or better) earned from an accredited institution will transfer for earned hours at SHU. PLEASE NOTE: Baccalaureate degree requirements include a residency requirement of 30 semester hours at SHU. This means a maximum of 90 hours of transfer credit (for a total of 120 semester hours) can be applied toward degree requirements at SHU (NOTE: This does not mean that only 90 hours will transfer for credit).

Military Student?

SHU will award credit hours for military educational experience.

The following documentation may be required before applicable credit can be determined:

1. A copy of your DD214

2. Official Military Transcripts from Air Force, Army, Marines, or Navy

3. Any certificates or documentation describing the course content or objectives

4. A VA form (obtainable from the Office of the Registrar) to activate Education Benefits

Admissions Process

Here’s a helpful checklist that outlines the admissions process that you will follow before attending your first course. All you have to do is complete the steps to get started.

1. Submit Your Application

Applying online is free and easy. Click apply online to begin the process today! 

2. Submit Your Information

Submit your official transcripts, certificates, licenses, resume, & work experience letter for official credit evaluation. Siena accepts transcripts directly emailed from electronic transcript services. All electronic transcripts are to be sent to Hard copy transcripts should be mailed to: Siena Heights University, Attention: Graduate & Professional Enrollment, 1247 E. Siena Heights Drive, Adrian, Mich., 49221 

3. File FAFSA

Community College Transfer?

Michigan map

Siena Heights University has service centers at 7 locations across Michigan. Our enrollment advisors can help you every step of the way. 


Main Campus
1247 E. Siena Heights Drive
Adrian, MI 49221
Phone: 517-263-0731
or 800-521-0009

SHU Global
Phone: 866-937-2748 

Battle Creek

Kellogg Community College Center
450 North Avenue
Student Center, Room 105
Battle Creek, MI 49017
Phone: 269-965-3931, ext. 2950
or 800-203-1560

Benton Harbor

Lake Michigan College Center
2755 East Napier Avenue, Office C-204
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Phone: 269-927-6711
or 800-252-1562, ext. 6711


Henry Ford College Center
5101 Evergreen Road, W314
Dearborn, MI 48128
Phone: 313-317-9450


Jackson College Center
McDivitt Hall #127
2111 Emmons Road
Jackson, MI 49201
Phone: 517-796-8672


Kalamazoo Valley
Community College Center

University Center Campus
6767 W. O Ave.
P.O. Box 4070
Kalamazoo, MI 49003
Phone: 269-488-4019


Lansing Community College Center
411 N. Grand Avenue
Gannon Building 1225 F
Lansing, MI 48933
Phone: 517-483-9726
Fax: 517-483-9719


Monroe County
Community College Center

1555 South Raisinville Road
Life Sciences Bldg., Room No. L-112
Monroe, MI 48161
Phone: 734-384-4133
or 877-937-6222
Fax: 734-384-4331

Online Degree

Phone: 866-937-2748

Diocese of Lansing

Catholic Diocese of Lansing
Phone: 517-264-7243

Looking for a residential campus experience?

Click here to learn about transferring to our residential campus located in Adrian, Mich.

Have questions?

Let our advisors help you through the transfer process. Make an appointment today to take the next steps in completing your degree with Siena Heights University.