Siena Heights University is mission-driven. In support of that mission and in the interest of ongoing improvement, Siena Heights is committed to resolving complaints, grievances, and concerns. The University encourages all individuals to address grievances, complaints or concerns relating to Siena’s institutional policies and/or consumer protection issues first with personnel in the office, department, school or college that led to the alleged complaint.
If a student wants help in filing a complaint, s/he may contact one of the following: the Dean for Students, the Director of Advising, the Site or Online Program Director, or the student’s advisor.
An individual is encouraged to resolve the matter directly with the person against whom the complaint is directed. If the individual determines that the complaint would be resolved more appropriately without the employee concerned being involved or the complaint involves a policy, the complaint may be filed online in one of the following areas below.
- Academic Complaint Form
- Student Life Complaint Form
- Title IX/Sexual Assault/Discrimination Complaint Form
- Fraud or Misappropriations Complaint Form
SUBMITTING COMPLAINTS TO STATE AUTHORITIES OR ACCREDITING BODIES
If your complaint is not resolved by following the process above then a complaint may be filed with:
- The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools is the accrediting agency for Siena Heights University.
- The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
- Siena Heights Online Students from Out-of-State can locate the contact information here for the authority in your state of residence.
In most cases, these complaint procedures require the student to exhaust all complaint avenues internal to the institution before a complaint can be filed at the state or accrediting agency level. Siena Heights University students are advised to first attempt to resolve complaints with Siena Heights University’s administration.