Financial Aid

Alternative Student Loan

If you need additional resources to assist with paying your college expenses, Siena Heights University will certify any alternative education loan that you are eligible for. Siena Heights University recommends that you apply for federal and state financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), as well as private scholarships prior to applying for an alternative education loan.

You may apply with any alternative loan lender of your choice or choose to select one of the lenders listed below. Once you have satisfied the lender’s requirements for loan disclosure notification and acceptance governed by the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) of 2008, the lender will submit the application to Siena for school certification. The amount of the loan cannot exceed your cost of attendance minus any financial aid already received, and a co-signer may be required.

You may be required to provide additional information to your lender by completing a Private Education Loan Applicant Self Certification Form. If this is the case, please print the form (if not provided by the lender) and contact Siena’s student loan processor at 517-264-7154 for assistance with this information. (Incorrect information provided by the borrower could delay the processing of the loan requested).

After carefully reviewing the features offered by a wide range of lenders, we have chosen the lenders on this list because they offer a superior combination of savings, customer service, and loan processing reliability.

Sallie Mae Education Trust Collegiate Custom Choice Loan
Discover Student Loans
Collegiate Custom Choice Loan