NEW REDUCED TUITION!
$350 PER CREDIT HOUR
Siena Heights University offers a CCNE accredited RN-BSN degree completion program for nurses who are interested in continuing to further their professional studies and careers. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree completion for Registered Nurses (RN-BSN program) was designed for licensed RNs to earn a bachelor’s degree in nursing. Students admitted to the RN-BSN degree completion program must have graduated from a Siena Heights Nursing approved program, either a two-year associate’s degree nursing program or a hospital-based diploma degree program. Incoming students must have a valid RN license.
The Siena Heights University Nursing Program is respectful of the dignity and worth of all people. SHU nurses are prepared to provide high-quality nursing care in ever-changing health care systems. Based upon a liberal arts foundation, the faculty and students collaborate in a dynamic teaching and learning environment that embraces caring, diversity and creativity.
FAST FACT: Siena Nursing is approved by the Michigan Board of Nursing and by the Higher Learning Commission for the North Central Association.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Siena Heights University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://ccneaccreditation.org).
When designing our RN to BSN degree completion program, we listened to what working nurses told us they needed. That means the online courses are practical and relevant to today’s health care professional. Students can tie their personal and professional experience into the coursework. Classes such as Ethical, Cultural and Spiritual Nursing Practice and Leadership and Health Care Organizations have a strong thread of ethics, leadership and knowledge of health care systems woven into them.
See Program Requirements for Courses
Assistant Professor of Nursing
Interim Director of Nursing; Associate Professor of Nursing
Assistant Professor of Nursing
Assistant Professor of Nursing
Associate Professor of Nursing
• Siena Heights Nursing 2017 graduates achieved a 94 percent first-time pass rate on the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) exam. This far exceeds the standards set by the Michigan Board of Nursing and the AACN-CCNE accrediting body.
• Program is available 100 percent online.
• Established excellence in online education. SHU is ranked nationally by the U.S. News & World Report for the seventh consecutive year as well as ranked the best online program in Michigan for the fourth straight year.
• Finish your BSN in 16 months, taking 8 classes across 4 semesters with our 7-week accelerated, online class format.
• Small, online class sizes with personal attention inside and outside of the classroom.
• We offer personalized advising and degree planning. At SHU, you have the flexibility to complete your degree with meaningful courses and outstanding faculty with real-world experience.
• SHU is transfer friendly. A maximum of 90 hours of transfer credit can be applied to a SHU undergraduate program.
Requirements for admission into the RN-BSN program:
• An unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse (RN)
• 40 semester hours of transfer credit in approved nursing courses
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
• Current professional resume
• One letter of recommendation from a nursing faculty member or nursing supervisor
Requirements for graduation with a BSN:
A total of 120 credit hours with a minimum of 64 hours in approved nursing courses. Students can transfer up to 90 semester hours of required courses:
• English Composition: 6
• Anatomy/Physiology: 5-10
• Microbiology: 4
• Social Science, Literature, History, Fine or Performing Arts: 3
• Mathematics Proficiency
Residency Requirements (Classes are available online):
The required courses below constitute the 30 hours with Siena Heights. All students must apply and be accepted into the Nursing program before enrolling in nursing courses.
Required Nursing Courses:
24 semester hours with Siena Heights University:
NUR 301 Transition to Professional Nursing 4
NUR 375 Health Care of Communities & Vulnerable Populations 4
NUR 380 Evidenced Based Research in Nursing Practice 4
NUR 395 Health Policy and Informatics 4
NUR 460 The Art of Ethical, Cultural, & Spiritual Nursing Practice 4
NUR 480 Leadership & Health Care Organizations 4
Required Non-Nursing Courses:
6 semester hours with Siena Heights University:
• REL or PHIL course 3
• LAS 401 Senior Seminar: Integrative Experience 3
Siena Heights University is lowering tuition rates for its online RN-BSN and MSN nursing programs in the College for Professional Studies, effective with the beginning of the summer 2020 sessions.
The University announced the new per credit hour charges for both SHU’s online RN to BSN as well as the new online Master of Science in Nursing programs in response to student and market feedback. The new RN to BSN cost will be $350 per credit hour, and the new MSN cost will be $650 per credit hour.
“We are always striving to remain an affordable option, especially during these tumultuous times,” said SHU’s Dean for Professional Programs Dr. Cheri Betz. “We listened to what our students were telling us, and I believe these tuition adjustments are a reflection of that. I would encourage anyone looking to advance their nursing careers to consider our nationally ranked online program for both its quality and affordability.”
For the seventh consecutive year, SHU’s undergraduate Online Learning Program was ranked nationally by the U.S. News and World Report. And for the fourth consecutive year, Siena Heights was the top-rated in Michigan among all institutions. Siena Heights was also included in the Study.com list of the 50 best accredited schools that provide online degree programs, placing 28th.
For more information about nursing programs at Siena Heights University, contact SHU Assistant Director of Advising and Recruiting, RN-BSN and Graduate Programs Dana Shook at email@example.com or visit start.sienaheights.edu.