Multicultural Student Services (MSS), consistent with the mission of Siena Heights University, seeks to purposefully promote an inclusive campus environment that values the uniqueness of each individual, diversity within our community, and the holistic development of our ever growing student population.
- To teach, through relevant programs and services, the value of working with someone that looks and thinks differently than you.
- To support, retain and provide the best undergraduate experience to our underrepresented students.
- To foster a deeper understanding of students sense of self and their interdependence as a multicultural society.
MSS Service Areas with Examples:
• Women's and Black History month programs; Heritage programs (Hispanic, Italian, Irish, etc.)
• Multicultural Student Groups
• Men of Distinction: A Black and Hispanic male mentoring program
• Student growth is our priority so, tell us how we can speak on your behalf
• Explore leadership opportunities like becoming an officer within multicultural student groups as well as mentoring to younger students through the mentoring programs
•All upper level student leaders will go through diversity training yearly as an additional measure to reinforce the mission and goals
•We can help you find information on your culture or other cultures, whether it be for self-interest and/or for an academic project; this also may include connecting you to resources at SHU and in the local community