The Campus Minister for Athletics at Siena Heights
The Campus Minister for Athletics (CMA) main purpose is to foster the Mission of Siena Heights and the Mission of the NAIA Champions of Character program throughout the entire athletic community: athletes, coaches, staff and administrators.
CMA Position Description
The CMA at Siena Heights provides personal and spiritual support to the student-athletes, coaches and staff during the entire school year. The role is designed to be one of encouragement, presence and leadership. The CMA makes athletics at Siena Heights special by being available to the student-athletes, offering a prayer during practice and/or before and after a game. The coaches are also encouraged to work with the Campus Ministry team to involve the team in community service.
The Primary Responsibilities of the Campus Minister for Athletics:
- Meet with the respective head coach (and possibly assistants) sometime before the sport season.
- Become acquainted with the players and managers.
- Attend some practices
- Attend as many games as possible
- Make the team aware of your availability (time and location).
- Secure important data for communications with coaches, managers and team.
- Be a spiritual presence, before, during and after a game and the season.
- Encourage participation in Campus ministry events (i.e. Saints Mass, etc).
Thank you to Center for Sport, Spirituality and Character Development at Neumann College for the development of CMA.