The Bachelor of Arts Degree in Community Services is great for students interested in or already working in a number of the helping professions, including human and social service agencies, non-profit agencies and faith-based organizations.
This program offers a strong overview of the social service field and the role of the professional as an agent for positive social change. Students can choose to either complete a general Community Services major or they can enhance the degree with a Family Systems Concentration. Community Services is designed for students with some previous study and/or experience in the social sciences.
POSSIBLE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
• Family Services Program Staff Member
• Family Services Program Administrator
• Community Agency Program Staff Member
• Community Agency Program Coordinator
• 4-H Youth Agency
• Cooperative Extension Service Agent
• Cooperative Extension Service Specialist
• Volunteer Coordinator
• Program Staff Member for Youth
• Program Director for Youth
• Program Staff Member for the Elderly
• Program Director for the Elderly
• Child Life Specialist
• Government Policy Making
• Youth Advisor or Counselor
• Family Independence Agency (FIA)
• Health Advisor
This program also prepares you for continuing your education after graduation with a master’s degree in social work or counseling.