Meet Alli Cipra
Instructor of Psychology
BA: Psychology, Law & Society, Purdue University
MS: Human Development, Indiana University
Ph.D.: (anticipated): Educational Psychology, Indiana University
Awards and Distinctions
- Myrtle M. Scott award for outstanding research 2010
- International presentations at SRCD 2009, APA 2010, APS 2010 & 2011
Running, triathlon, and obstacle races, baking, music, most outdoor activities, reading
“If your actions inspire other to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
- John Quincy Adams
"The above quote embodies the goal I set for each class I teach. As an instructor it is my responsibility to inspire and motivate students to create and achieve their goals. As a developmental psychologist, I consider various contexts of the individual and frame these contexts to help motivate students. I understand that my expectations have the ability to greatly impact the performance of my students.
As such, I expect my students:
(1) to achieve more than they initially thought possible;
(2) to be open to new ideas and philosophies;
(3) to take responsibility for their own learning in order to become successful professionals; and
(4) to question what they know and to question me.
I create and foster an authoritative classroom environment which encourages students to think critically and creatively. I stress mastery over performance, embedding the importance of learning over memorization."