The Adrian Campus and all off campus centers will close starting at 5pm on Tuesday, February 1st and remain closed on Wednesday, February 2nd.
Adrian Campus -
· The Adrian Campus will close starting at 5pm on Tuesday, February 1st and remain closed on Wednesday, February 2nd. All classes and activities are canceled during the closing. The University expects to re-open on Thursday.
· Only pre-determined essential support functions are required to report to work. All other faculty and staff are advised to stay home to allow the university to focus on providing essential services. For more information on essential support functions please contact the Human Resource Office.
· The University has declared a Snow Emergency 2/1/11 at 5 p.m. Only parking in the West Fieldhouse parking lot is permitted all other parking lots will be closed. This also includes the paid for parking spaces during the snow emergency. Vehicles parked in other areas are subject to removal according to the parking rules and regulations.
· Residence hall and food service operations will continue.
· Student Life / Activities will provide a variety of events and programming for resident students. Please contact the Office of Residence Life for details.
· A DANGEROUS WINTER STORM WILL LIFT ACROSS THE AREA TONIGHT AND WEDNESDAY according to the National Weather Service. (http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?map.x=133&map.y=250&site=dtx&zmx=1&zmy=1)
· As the storm approaches we urge Faculty, Staff, and Students to be prepared. Please visit http://www.fema.gov/news/newsrelease.fema?id=53638 or www.ready.gov for actions you can take to prepare.
· In accordance with City Ordinance 90-91 The City of Adrian has declared a Snow Emergency 2/1/2011 6 p.m. for all streets but downtown, 9 p.m. for downtown streets. This emergency will remain in effect until further notice. No parking, standing of motor vehciles on public street or highway including vehicles with on-street parking permits. For full details, go to https://local.nixle.com/alert/4644602/?sub_id=280369.
The Metropolitan Detroit (Southfield), Jackson, Kellogg, Lake Michigan, Lansing, and Monroe Community College Centers will close starting at 5pm on Tuesday, February 1st and remain closed on Wednesday, February 2nd. All classes and activities are canceled during the closing. The Community College Centers expect to re-open on Thursday.
Remember to sign up for SHU ALERTS, Siena Heights University’s state-of-the-art notification system which instantly sends emergency messages. For more information check it out at http://www.sienaheights.edu/CampusSafety.aspx
Siena Heights University - the first National Weather Service StormReady® University in Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio