Psychology > Dr. Peggy Motsch
Meet Peggy Motsch
Professor of Psychology;
Chair, Psychology Department
- Ed.D., Indiana University
- M.S., Indiana University
- B.S., Purdue University
Recent Awards and Achievements
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist for over 25 years.
- Positive Psychology Sabbatical.
- Psi Chi Honor Society and Psychology Club Advisor.
- Presented at 22nd International Congress of Applied Psychology in Kyoto, Japan.
- Presented at International Council of Psychologists Conferences in Tokyo, Japan, Republic of Singapore and Bangkok, Thailand.
- Taught and consulted in Australia, New Zealand, Greece, and Spain.
- Traveled and studied in Egypt, Scotland, England, Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Turkey, Fiji Island, Japan, Thailand, Singapore and China.
Interests/ Areas of Expertise
- Counseling Psychology
- Cross-Cultural Counseling
- Positive Psychology
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research
- Health Psychology
- Resources to support the Mind, Body and Spirit
- Gerontology and Healthy Aging
“As an educator I am committed to being competent in the field of psychology. I stay current with the subject I am teaching by attending conferences and training activities that broaden my knowledge of psychology. I send time getting to know all of my students and use a variety of methods to encourage their learning and make learning fun. I encourage collaborative learning and I create an environment where it is safe for everyone to communicate their thoughts, feelings, expectations, and desires. Additionally, I encourage my students to become critical thinkers. I want to empower them to trust themselves when they evaluate information provided to them on any topic. I believe that we are all life-long learners. I encourage my students to welcome the many learning opportunities they will have in their lives.”