This program is designed for teacher candidates who:
- hold existing bachelor's degrees and
- are seeking secondary provisional teacher certification
This program is an undergraduate teacher preparation program. All coursework will be completed at the undergraduate level. It is not the intent of this program for any coursework to be applied to eventual masters degree programs, however, students may find that some colleges/universities will find the content of the coursework to be equivalent and thus transferable.
For more details about the Post-Baccalaureate Intensive Certification Program, click here.
What is the program all about?
- participate in multiple, school-based experiences
- work with classroom teachers who demonstrate best practices
- are provided with opportunities to explore the connection between theory and practice and to work with a variety of students
The flexibility of the ICP program enables a highly diverse clientele access to teacher education at nontraditional times and by means of non-traditional delivery modes.
Students in this program enjoy:
- cutting edge instructional technologies
- excellent facilities
- one-on-one learning opportunities
- a blend of traditional and online classes
- some courses in a hybrid format that could include:
- case studies
- online quizzes
- group collaborations
- virtual drop box submission for assignments, homework and projects
Who is the program for?
The Post-Baccalaureate Intensive Certification Program is designed to fast-track your entry to the teaching profession.
Ideal candidates include:
- College graduates seeking secondary provisional teacher certification.
- Teachers and substitutes who currently do not have a provisional teacher certificate.
- Baccalaureate degreed individuals presently in business/industry seeking a career change.