The mission of the Music Department at Siena Heights University is to help students to reach their potential by educating them to create, perform, and understand music.
1. The Department is dedicated to the idea that music is an integral part of a liberal arts education.
2. The Department’s approach to music education is based on the idea that music is an important part of all students’ lives, creating more balanced, tolerant and ethical human beings.
3. The Department focuses on the integration of performance, creation, listening and the understanding of music.
4. The Department involves, serves, educates and enriches the residents and the entire community through performances, education and collaboration with schools and community organizations.
5. The Department presents creative, innovative and exciting performances, while providing educational opportunities of the highest quality.
- SHU has outstanding and experienced faculty
- SHU offers exceptional programs in instrumental and vocal music
- SHU offers private lessons on every instrument by highly trained and experienced professionals
- Scholarships are available for performing in the choir or band
- Larger scholarships are available for incoming music majors
· Acapelicans, directed by Michael Yuen
· Concert Band, directed by Wes King
· Jazz Band, directed by Christopher Smith
· Marching Band, directed by Wes King
· Men’s Chorus, directed by Beth Tibbs
· Mixed Chorus, directed by Beth Tibbs
· Orchestra, directed by Linda Deatrick
· Wind Ensemble
· Women’s Chorus, directed by Beth Tibbs
Here are some of the directions you can go with Music at Siena Heights:
- The Acapelicans
- Audio recording and production
- Create a movie
- Jazz Ensemble
- Guitar classes
- Men’s and Women’s Chorus
- Music History
- Music Theory
- Music Lessons
- Music Business
- Piano Lessons
- Voice classes
- SHU Youth Symphony