The History of 'Opportunity U'
Before beginning the branding process, in October 2008 Siena Heights University commissioned Stamats, a higher education marketing firm, to conduct a brand awareness study with two of the university’s most important audiences: prospective students and alumni donors. When the question was asked “Would you recommend Siena Heights to a prospective student?” more than 95 percent of our alumni respondents indicated they would. Stamats said that number is one of the highest it has ever recorded for an institution! In summer 2010 the first brand campaign in the University's history was launched using the "Opportunity U" tagline.
Brand Positioning Statement
Founded on Dominican and Catholic principles that are relevant now more than ever, Siena Heights believes the best way to prepare people for life is to instill within them the strength and values that will benefit not only the individual, but the greater good. Since 1919, we’ve been empowering individuals to not only make their individual dreams reality, but to also make the world a better, more peaceful place for everyone. Siena Heights University provides opportunities for our students to succeed both in the workplace and in their lives. We are a transformative force for good, and believe the best way to prepare people for life is to instill within them the strength and values that will benefit not only the individual, but the greater good.
- According to a 2008 study, more than 95% of Siena Heights Alumni would recommend us to a family member or friend
- Our numerous alumni testimonials proves Siena Heights indeed does change lives and is a “university of opportunity”
- Siena’s long relationship with the federal TRiO programs on campus (Student Support Services, McNair, Upward Bound) has established us as a leader in educating underprivileged/underserved student populations
- Our 35-plus year history in successfully educating non-traditional students (College for Professional Studies) throughout Michigan and online shows we are a university for all ages, “meeting people where they are”
- Our Theological Studies certificate program endorsed by the Diocese of Lansing educates and trains lay ministers for service within the Catholic Church
- Our mission-driven outreach programs such as Creative Stages child drama, community-based learning and nursing provides a continuing impact on the community
Opportunity U Mission Accomplished Series
Check out these examples of the "Opportunity U" brand in action:
Opportunity U Logo Variations