“At Siena Heights University, you're not just a number. We take care of you. We take care of your academic success, your social success, and we really try to connect you with the outside world as far as employment or graduate school.”
Meet Heather Moody
Professor of Environmental Science
- M.S.: Cleveland State University, 1993
- B.S.: University of Findlay, 1991
Recent Awards and Achievements
- Presented a research paper analysis of presettlement composition of tamarack swamps in southern Lower Michigan using GLO data and GIS at the 2008 Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers.
- Wrote and received a $1,500 grant from the Michigan Association of Environmental Professionals for professional development training of environmental science majors; awarded in December 2008.
- Wrote and received a $30,000 Consumer's Energy grant for a GC/MS machine to be used by majors and other science students.
"Teaching innovations include demonstrations, computer animations and slide shows, student led group and individual activities, hands-on labs, application to real world issues, and field trips. Other innovations include repetition of the objectives/terminology for all three learning modality types (visual, auditory, kinesthetic)."