“I try my best to tailor the experience to the specific needs of the student while providing broad introductions to concepts that anyone would need to kow if they were going to apply for a graduate program or seek work immediately after graduation.”
Meet Davin Heckman
Associate Professor of English
- Ph.D., Bowling Green State University
- M.A., University of Minnesota-Duluth
- B.A., University of San Diego
Recent Awards and Achievements
- Fulbright Scholar recipient; spent 2011-12 academic year teaching and researching at the University of Bergen, Norway
- A Small World: Smart Houses and the Dream of the Perfect Day. Duke University Press.(2008)
- Sr. Eileen K. Rice Award for Excellence in Teaching (2008) Awarded by Siena Heights University.
- Distinguished Alumni Award (2008) Awarded by the American Culture Studies Program at BGSU.
- Distinguished Dissertation Award (2004) Awarded by the BGSU Graduate College for the best dissertation of 2004.
"My teaching philosophy is rooted in one simple fact: Human beings are interesting. This perspective is what unites my teaching, research, and daily life, providing me with a true sense of vocation in all that I do."