Prestige Full-Tuition Scholarship
Siena Heights University is proud to offer up to three full-tuition scholarships to students who display academic excellence.
Recipients will receive a scholarship that covers the cost of full-time tuition. Students will be responsible for all fees and room and board costs.
Applicants must possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.8 or higher and a minimum ACT composite of 27 or higher (SAT verbal plus math of 1210 or higher). Other factors that may be considered when choosing candidates are whether the student has IB, AP or other honors coursework completed.
Students can renew for an additional three years if they maintain a 3.5 GPA at Siena Heights and full-time enrollment on the Adrian campus.
Students must have all of the following completed and submitted by January 15, 2013:
- Apply and be accepted to Siena Heights University.
- Submit the completed Prestige Full Tuition Scholarship application.
- Submit two letters of recommendation. One letter should be from a teacher who can speak to your academic excellence and motivation in the classroom. The other should be from someone who can attest to your character and support as to why you will be a good addition to Siena Heights University and why you are deserving of this scholarship.
- Complete an essay (as directed below).
Essay Questions (choose one)
In a 300-500-word essay (1-2 pages), formulate and defend an answer to one of the following two questions:
1. We often hear the phrase, “separation of church and state.” What does this phrase mean, and what are its implications for American society, particularly with reference to education?
2. “Global warming” and “global climate change” are frequent topics of debate in the current political realm. Does reliable evidence exist to support claims of global climate change, and how should the United States respond to this issue?
Please contact SHU Admissions at 517-264-7180 or email@example.com.