The Department of Public Safety is responsible for the enforcement of the Siena Heights University parking rules and regulations. Parking on campus requires a permit. Permits may be purchased online (credit/debit card only), or in person (cash or check only) at the Welcome Center in Ledwidge Hall
Parking Permit Types:
- Resident Student (grey): 24 hour parking in the Overnight Student Sections of the West and South Fieldhouse Parking Lot
- Commuter Student (blue): Parking in the West and South Fieldhouse Parking Lot and the Stadium Parking Lot
- Campus Village Student (purple): 24 hour parking in the Campus Village Parking Lot or the Overnight Student Sections of the West & South Fieldhouse Parking Lots
- Faculty/Staff (yellow): Daytime parking only in the East Fieldhouse Parking Lot and the Stadium Parking Lot
- Visitor (hang tag): Short term parking in the East Fieldhouse Parking Lot and the Stadium Parking Lot
- Students: (residents, commuters, campus village)
- $100 for a year (best value)
- $50 per parking period
- Fall = Aug 1-Dec 31
- Winter = Jan 1 –April 30
- Summer = May 1 –July 31
- *depending upon the academic calendar overlap grace periods may apply
- Secondary vehicles for commuter students are $5 each
- Replacement permits for all student permit types are free (Available at the Welcome Center) (Printable application available to the left in the Important Files section)
- Temporary permits for rentals/short term vehicles are available upon request (Printable application available to the left in the Important Files section)
- Faculty/Staff: first permit is free
- Secondary vehicles are $5 each
- Replacement permits for faculty/staff are free (Available at the Welcome Center)
- Graduate Assistants are eligible for faculty/staff parking
- Temporary permits for rentals/short term vehicles are available upon request
- Visitor/Guest: free (Printable application available to the left in the Important Files section)
- Short term parking for visitors and guests is available in the East Fieldhouse Parking Lot and the Stadium Parking Lot (no overnight)
- Extended parking (more than one business day) free permits are available online, or at the Welcome Center located in the lobby of Ledwidge Hall (must know plate information to register)
- Overnight parking for resident hall guests is available in the Overnight Student parking area, guest must obtain a temporary parking permit when checking in as a residence hall guest at the Welcome Center located in the lobby of Ledwidge Hall
- Campus Village Complex has dedicated parking spaces for Campus Village resident guests
- Overnight parking for University sponsored overnight travel is located in the back of the South Fieldhouse Parking Lot; notification to Siena Heights University Department of Public Safety is required
- Admissions guests: free parking at Sage Union located off Siena Heights Dr. No Application/Permit Required
- Dual enrolled High School (COPS) students may register one vehicle for extended parking (no overnight)
Parking on the Siena Heights University Adrian campus is a privilege, not a right, and is available to persons driving, and parking on campus solely under the rules and regulation of the University Parking Policies.Students, faculty and staff members are expected to be familiar with and abide by University parking and traffic regulations. It is also the responsibility of the campus member to inform their guests and visitors of the rules and regulations. Students, faculty and staff members who park vehicles on the Adrian campus must properly display the appropriate approved parking permit.
Violators of the parking rules and regulations are subject to warnings, penalties and appropriate disciplinary and/or administrative action. Violations may be subject to fines, tows and related charges, wheel locks and/or loss of parking privileges. The Department of Public Safety reserves the right to waive certain parking rules and regulations for specific events or emergencies on campus.
- Credit/debit card: Online Ordering and Payment Only : Complete the online application and submit your payment. The order will be processed and your permit will either be mailed out to you or you can pick it up at the Welcome Center is Ledwidge Hall (option choice during ordering process).
- *Applicable service charges may apply
- Cash/check: in person at the Welcome Center located in the lobby of Ledwidge Hall. You can print off the application, available in the Important Files section, or pick one up at the Welcome Center.
- *Make checks out to Siena Heights University
- Refunds are subject to the University Drop/Add & Withdrawal Policy to request a refund email email@example.com include name, SHU ID#, vehicle license plate, permit number, and the reason for requesting a refund.
Citation Appeal Information
All appeals to parking citations must be submitted via email within 10 calendar days from the date the citation was issued. Appeal decisions are based upon issuance errors. Lack of knowledge of the Parking Rules and Regulations is not a valid basis for appeals.
To file an appeal email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the email include:
• Name & SHU ID#
• Citation Number
• Vehicle License Plate
• Reason for appeal
Siena Heights University assumes no responsibility for the care and/or protection of any vehicle, or its contents at any time it is operated or parked on campus. The University does not have any liability for damage or theft that may occur while parked on University property. Parking is on a first come basis, the University does not guarantee parking availability.