If you are a drilling Reservist or National Guard member you are also entitled to military tuition assistance (TA) and GI bill benefits.

Please note, the following links may need you to be active duty and provide proper protocol.

Army Reservist

Go to the Web-Enabled Education Benefit System (WEBS) to apply for TA. You will need your Army Knowledge Online (AKO) ID and password to login.

Army National Guard:

To apply for Federal tuition assistance (TA) go to ARNG Benefits Online. For State TA go to  You’ll need a Common Access Card (CAC) and a CAC reader to login. SHU's school code is 001963NOTE: TA will NOT pay the additional amount charged for online courses, just standard course fees. 

For reservists in the other services or Air National Guard members, visit’s  TA Overview to see how to apply for TA benefits.

MGIB-SR versus Post 9-11 GI Bill

As a drilling or former reservist, you can also apply for Veteran educational benefits in the form of either Montgomery GI Bill – Selective Reserves (SR) benefits (Chapter 1606) or Post 9-11 GI Bill benefits (Chapter 33). If you have deployed overseas you may be able to file under Chapter 1607 (REAP) or if you suffered a disability as a result of your deployment, under Chapter 31 (Voc Rehab).

Because the Post 9-11 GI Bill benefits are pro-rated based on your active federal service, as the number of months you have served under Title X orders grows, so does your benefits percentage. If you have completed at least one deployment you may want to compare the options to see which entitlement program works best for you. Be advised that when you leave drilling status your eligibility for Chapter 1607 stops and will revert to Chapter 1606 until you apply for Post 9-11 status. 

The different options can be confusing. For more detailed information and how to compare benefit plans, check out

Contact Us at (800) 521-0009.
Siena Heights University Main Campus. 1247 E. Siena Heights Dr. Adrian, MI 49221.