Learn more about the Computer & Information Systems program.
Our dedicated faculty who are practitioners in the field will prepare you for future challenges. All CIS classes are small in size, generally less than 20 students, and meet in a laboratory-style classroom where one-on-one discussion with the faculty is the norm. Your career prospects are strengthened by our on-the-job experiences and senior projects.
Siena’s CIS major allows students to acquire general knowledge required for a CIS generalist while providing flexibility for students to select a concentration in the following high job demand specialties: Information Systems, Networking, and Web Development. Additionally, each student concentration requires an internship experience and senior project.
This concentration builds upon the general CIS curriculum with courses such as Java Programming, Data Communications, and Management Information Systems to assist students toward careers such as:
- System Developer
- Software Programmer
- Software Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Data Base Administrator
- Information Systems Manager
This concentration builds upon the general CIS curriculum with courses such as Network Operating Systems, Data Communications and Data & Network Assurance to assist students toward careers such as:
- Network Manager
- Network Specialist
- Help Desk Administrator
- Network Trouble Shooter
This concentration builds upon the general CIS curriculum with courses such as Java Programming, Web Development, and a Special Topics course to assist students toward careers such as:
- Web Developer
- Content Managers
“I am so grateful to the faculty and the CIS program at Siena Heights University for preparing me to become a successful IT professional. I was offered a systems analyst position with a respectable firm even before my graduation. The education, training, advice and mentoring I have received while I was a student in Siena will stay with me for the rest of my life. Thank you, Siena!”
Meet the Computer & Information Systems faculty members.
Professor of Computer Information Systemssabraham@sienaheights.edu517-264-7650
Learn about the career opportunities you can have with a degree in Computer & Information Systems.
Job opportunity for CIS majors continues to be strong. The U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of statistics projects that employment in the information technology industry will grow at an annual rate doubles that of overall growth. Our placement rate is very close to 100 percent, and virtually all our graduates work in the IT field after graduation.
A partial list of the organizations where our recent graduates are employed follows:
- Adrian Steel Corporation, Adrian, MI
- ADP Corporation Ann Arbor, MI
- Amcor Corporation, Manchester, MI
- Brazeway Corporation, Adrian, MI
- Chrysler Corporation, Detroit, MI
- Human Element, Ann Arbor, MI
- Huron River Area Credit Union, Ann Arbor, MI
- JRME Enterprises, Inc, Detroit, MI
- La-Z-Boy Corporation, Monroe, MI
- Lenawee Intermediate School District, Adrian, MI
- MEDSTAT Group, Ann Arbor, MI
- Member Driven Technologies, Detroit, MI
- OG Technologies, Inc Ann Arbor, MI
- Pixel Velocity, Inc Ann Arbor, MI
- TLC Credit Union, Adrian, MI
- Visteon Corporation, River Rouge, MI
- Visteon Corporation, Saline, MI
- Wacker Silicones Corporation, Adrian, MI
“We are very proud of our graduates. Our success in placing almost 100 percent of our graduates in IT-related industries tells a lot about the preparation they are receiving from our program. I have no doubt that our dedicated faculty, comprehensive curriculum and the state-of-the art facilities are well-placed to help our students be successful professionals.”
Dr. Samuel Abraham
Professor of CIS
Chair, CIS program
Learn about internship opportunities in the Computer & Information Systems program.
Internships are an integral part of the CIS curriculum, which provide valuable hands on experience to our students. Many employers within the area are familiar with our students since we have maintained a good working relationship with them. Many Siena CIS students graduate with job offers directly resulting from their respective internship experiences.
Some of the employers who have provided internships to our students are as follows:
- Adrian Steel Corporation, Adrian
- Bixby Medical Center, Adrian
- Brazeway Corporation, Adrian
- Hamlin Parker Chemical Company
- Lenawee Humane Society, Adrian
- Lenawee Intermediate School District, Adrian
- Medstat Inc., Ann Arbor
- Masco Industries Inc., Adrian