The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Siena Heights University seeks a qualified graduate student for an Admissions Coordinator assistantship anticipated to begin in August 2013. All applications will be considered. Qualified candidates will have experience in an admissions office environment, ideally making phone calls to prospective students and providing tours on a campus. In addition, the ideal candidate will be outgoing, organized and willing to provide a high level of customer service to prospective students and their families. Graduate Assistants are required to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, with an expected average of 35 hours per week. These hours will vary to meet the needs of the office.
- Oversee our student ambassador and student phoning programs. Includes hiring and training new ambassadors and student callers.
- Manage student ambassadors and student callers on daily basis to ensure assigned goals are met.
- Develop relationships with prospective students and guide thru the admissions process.
- Coordinate meetings with faculty, staff, and coaches for prospective student visits. Assists with any and all daily operations of the admissions office.
- Coordinate overnight visits for prospective visits.
- Participate in events hosted by the admissions office, including visit day programs.
- Travel as needed to recruitment events and high schools.
- Must be accepted into the Graduate College at Siena Heights University.
- Must be available evenings and weekends as scheduled.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA while attending the Graduate College.
- Position is hired on with a one academic year commitment with the possibility of serving in the position for up to two academic years or longer depending on academic program.
Siena Heights University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The University promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans. Siena Heights University is a smoke-free environment and as such, prohibits smoking in all facilities. Siena Heights University is a drug-free workplace. This is not an all-inclusive list. There may be additional duties required from time to time to ensure the delivery of services from the Office of Student Development or the University in general.
Qualified candidates are invited to send their cover letter, Curriculum Vita/resume, and a list of professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email, please reference the job title of this position to ensure timely review and distribution of your materials. This position is classified as Graduate Assistant Position. Review of application materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. EOE